5th Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

33 weeks & in hospital

First of all, let me say that the average triplet pregnancy lasts 33 weeks, which is where I am today so we are already doing great!

Appointment Update:
I came in today for my routine growth ultrasound and when they were measuring Baby B I knew something wasn't right. He hasn't grown very much since our last growth u/s 3weeks ago. Baby A is now 4 lbs 15 oz, Baby C is 4 lbs. 9 oz. but Baby B is only 2 lbs. 9 oz. He has what they call absent end diastolic flow where the blood flow into the placenta isn't flowing like it should. They don't seem too concerned about this but they did admit me into the hospital today and I will be here until I deliver. I got my first steroid shot tonight to help develop their lungs and will get another tomorrow. I will have pool therapy 2x/day while I'm here and they will hook me up to monitors 3x/day to listen to the babies' heart rates. I could deliver as early as Friday but I could go several more weeks just being monitored here in the hospital, it's all a play it by ear situation. Please say a prayer for these babies (especially baby B) that they are healthy when they finally do decide to come.

Since I'm not sure how much longer I will be pregnant, I will take belly pictures every week from now on.




1 comment:

  1. Meghan & Barton:

    I will keep you and your little ones in my prayers. I will say an extra prayer for Baby (B) Hopefully you can keep them cooking a little bit longer even though I am sure you are anxious to have them. I know you are having 2 boys and a girl, which letter are for which babies? Just curious.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete