5th Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

Another trip to L&D (labor & delivery)

Yesterday (and for a few days) my stomach has been really hard and yesterday I also started to have some pelvic pressure. I decided to call the doctor's office before they closed and get their opinion. Of course she said they wanted me to come in to L&D and be monitored for awhile. Barton and I drove downtown and were warmly greeted when we arrived and put into a room. I was hooked up to all sorts of fetal monitors to check on the babies. The babies all sounded great but my uterus was contracting like crazy and was very irritated (that was the tightening I was feeling). They gave me a drug to help stop the contractions and it didn't work so I received a shot and that stopped them quickly. The contractions weren't that big of a deal because they weren't effecting my cervix, it was still long and closed but they still wanted to get them to stop. I was able to come home after about 4 hours there and am now on a med every 4 hours to help keep my uterus relaxed until I deliver.

I think last night was a real wake up call that I need to get a hospital bag packed, print out my birth plan etc. so that's what I plan to do today.

Here's a pic of me all hooked up to the monitors (one for each baby).


1 comment:

  1. OK, YES...get your bag packed girl. I am going to come over Sunday and make sure you have it packed! :)

    ReplyDelete