5th Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

30 weeks!!

30 weeks is yet another big milestone in this triplet pregnancy. Each week we celebrate that these babies are still inside. Things are getting done around here to make sure we're ready. I have pretty much put myself on modified bed rest because the sheer weight of my belly is just too much for me to carry around for very long. Baby B has decided to lodge himself in my left ribcage which needless to say is VERY uncomfortable no matter which position I am in (laying, standing, etc.) I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon and will update tomorrow if there is anything new to report, I doubt there will be. Our next goal to get to is 32 weeks!

I'm giving you two belly shots this week to get the full effect. One from the side and one facing front. As you can see in the front facing, I no longer have a belly button and my tummy just looks weird (click on pics to make larger).




Your babies are about 15.7 inches long now, and weigh almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds each of them, but that volume will decrease as they get bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Their eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after they're born, they'll keep their eyes closed for a good part of the day. When they do open them, they'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means they can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)



1 comment:

  1. Your tummy from the front looks like a smooth piece of leather. Simply amazing, I but it is fun to watch your belly move around with all those babies inside. I know it was amazing just to see one moving around but 3..

    ReplyDelete