5th Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Breastfeeding Multiples

Yesterday Barton and I went to a Breastfeeding Multiples class at Rose Medical Center here in Denver. I've been asked several times if I actually plan on breastfeeding the triplets and my answer to that is YES!! Even if the babies are born premature I plan to pump and give them the milk via bottle in the NICU. If everything goes according to plan (does it ever?) I would love to be able to breastfeed for at least 6 months. We took this class to learn the basics of breastfeeding but also how to do it with multiples. I have a great twin nursing pillow that will help support two babies at once to feed and then when one is done the 3rd will be put on to feed. It will definitely take more than just me there to get these babies fed:) The class was very informative but at the same time very eye opening that we have THREE babies coming in the next 3-4 months.

We continue to work on the nursery and will be able to start putting the cribs up this week!

We have a growth ultrasound tomorrow to see how the little ones are doing. One of the best things about being high risk is that I get ultrasounds every two weeks so we never have to go too long in between seeing the babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment