5th Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

31 weeks

Appointment Update:
My ankles/feet have been really swollen the last couple days so I made sure the mention this at my appointment today. My blood pressure is looking great but the medicine I am on to ease contractions is also a blood pressure med so they decided to take some blood to check my levels since my blood pressure isn't exactly accurate. My cervix is still looking great, although it did shrink just a bit since the last check 2 weeks ago but I was told that is normal since I am getting farther along. The babies look great and are getting very crowded in my belly. I am measuring at 46 weeks for a singleton! The doc still thinks I will make it to 36 week. YIKES, I cannot even imagine my belly/discomfort in 5 weeks. It will all be worth it though, I know.



This week, your babies measure over 16 inches long. They weigh about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. They can turn their heads from side to side, and their arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath their skin. They're probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

1 comment:

  1. My guessed arrival date may be close after all!

    So exciting, though I know you're uncomfortable.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete